Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sweeney Todd

If you were going to kill somone, what better way to hide the evidence or the body than to feed it to people.

I remember reading a story in English Lit. about a woman who had killed her husband with a frozen leg of lamb, then put it into the oven to slow roast. She went to the store and perfected her distraut act of coming home from shopping to find her husband beat to death, and called the police.

The entire plot of the story was how the cops were completely puzzled at who could have killed a man with a fatal blow to the head with a mysterious murder weapon. Left baffled and hunting for the murder weapon, the leg of lamb was served to the officers on duty, little did they know the murder weapon they hunted for was right under their noses, litterally. lol

I watched Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd last night with Bug. He had told me some about the story before, and I thought the English are really twisted people. I wasn't expecting the movie to be a musical, so I was a bit skeptical. I love musicals in good taste , but who would have imagined, the store of Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of fleet street would be portrayed in a musical of sorts??? Not I... but I have to admit, I liked it and watched it again.

The story is based on the true story of sweeney todd, who killed people in his barber chair and dropped their lifeless bodies down a shoot into the lower chamber of the building, where they were made into meat pies and sold to customers. Sick! Twisted! But effective.

Not that I have a plot to murder anyone, but I would suppose the best way to kill some one and hide the evidence or the body than to feed it to people.

No comments: