Saturday, March 22, 2008

I Heart Cupcakes


You know I LOVE cupcakes. I made some cupcakes for the kids for easter tomorrow. Bug, my love, found a great cream cheese frosting recipe from Wilton. Delicious Frosting and easy to work with. It's sweet and rich, and pipes very well. I used an M2 decorating tip and piped the icing on top of carrot cake cupcakes. I colored coconut flakes with Wilton Food Coloring Spray. That worked pretty well. I topped the iced cupcakes with the colored coconut flakes and added jelly beans to the top of each to looks like easter eggs and easter grass. They are cute, and tasty, and the kids LOVE THEM. I made four dozen, so that should be enough for the church pot luck tomorrow.

I am really excited about this easter, probably the most excited I have ever been. I get the kids this holiday, so I get to take them to church this sunday. I'm thankful because he has them on the weekends, and I usually only get to take them on Wednesday nights. It's important for me to get to take the kids to church, because I want them to be taught how to live a christian life, and to understand the bible.

well off to bed... love and peace.
-Rachel

No comments: